Hellas futebol

Covenant

Faliro, what you think about last games of Greece 

Faliro

Disgraceful. Terribly weak players selected like Tziolis - one of the reasons Platanias and other minnows can dominate the PAOK midfield every game. Skibbe played 3 CBs but there were not enough CBs, so one of the CBs was a natural FB - Tzavellas.. :crazy2: He also instead of picking MVPs in Greece picked obscure Greek players who cost us the Euro quals due to their poor performances like Stafilidis. Stafilidis is a very crap mistake-prone left back and Skibbe played him as a CM.. :estrelas: next to Tziolis// ::bater::

All in all terrible players selected, terrible manager and the crowd at both games in Piraeus was in the 100s. No one wanted to watch it.

Not that it matters. Because..

The meeting between FIFA/UEFA concluded today. Kontonis stuck to his guns.

Original decided to turn up to the meeting to protest Kontonis and the EPO - saying they are both owned by Olympiacos. However Kontonis stuck to his guns of banning the Cup like PAO/PAOK and AEK wished he would do and soon after the meeting Original went home.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/pano-tis-ORIGINAL-eksw-apo-ti-sunadisi-UEFA-kodonis-tha-kanoun-o-ti-thelei-i-paragka-tou-baggeli/3154653

During the meeting the FIFA/UEFA leaders had terminal failure in trying to understand why Kontonis had banned the cup but not the whole league where violence persists. They did not understand why foreign refs for the games were not considered and playing the games behind closed doors. All the violence in Greece since the ban did not help Kontonis's case either. FIFA and UEFA delegates travel to the most bizarre places, but they had genuine trouble understanding why Kontonis had done what he did and how he thought what he did would change anything.

Either way Kontonis stuck to his guns so from April 1st, Greek National team is barred from WC quals and official FIFA/UEFA games and all Greek clubs will be barred from UEFA competitions.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/sta-akra-kodonis-FIFA/3154685

Jotenko

Covenant

Hope that Greece will be suspended. Maybe the country have to restart from zero.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 30 de Março de 2016, 18:10
Hope that Greece will be suspended. Maybe the country have to restart from zero.

That will only happen if you remove all Greeks from the equation and replace them with ethereal beings who believe in love, honesty and efficiency. You can't be an idealist and believe 'Greeks are good people, they just need a new start.' Nothing changes in Greece.

Festivus

Isto é alguma macumba tua, Jotenko?

Trapattoni

Citação de: Jotenko em 30 de Março de 2016, 16:02

:rir:
That image still gives me headaches, probably the worst day of my entire life after the final against Seville :X
Unfortunately the national team became quite a mocking circus Sporting Lisbon style since 2008

Mr.10

Citação de: Trapattoni em 30 de Março de 2016, 19:09

That image still gives me headaches, probably the worst day of my entire life after the final against Seville :X
Unfortunately the national team became quite a mocking circus Sporting Lisbon style since 2008
Chelsea and Kelvin?

Trapattoni

Citação de: Mr.10 em 30 de Março de 2016, 19:10
Citação de: Trapattoni em 30 de Março de 2016, 19:09

Chelsea and Kelvin?
Not as much, i was ready for defeat in both matches even tough Kelvin opened a wound to be sealed on the season after
In Chelsea case i would have been damm surprised in case we did won
Against Seville i was expecting a win regardless the circumstances and we were robbed

Faliro

After Aris's victory today they are mathematically promoted to the Football League (Second Tier).

Covenant

Alan Pulido seems a good player to me.

Faliro

He is. The reason you have not seen more of him is due to the massive dispute with his former club which involved all levels of FIFA. They said he signed an extension with them before signing for Olympiacos. He denied it and said the mexicans forged his signature.

Faliro

Jotenko