Sport Lisboa e Benfica

HJDK

Citação de: Jumala Llinen em 05 de Julho de 2018, 01:30
Cheers!
Are you a Malmö supporter? Otherwise you can go and never come back :smokin:

Jumala Llinen

Ah Ah! No! I was born in Nörbrotten, the beyond the wall part of Sweden. I've been a Benfica supporter since I was little because my mother is Portuguese and she is a Benfica fan. My main sport is ice hockey and I follow football of course. I came here looking for information regarding Benfica's games in the US and decided to open an account. As for Mälmo de kan och gar och knullar sig själva ;-)

Velazquez

Citação de: Jumala Llinen em 05 de Julho de 2018, 01:38
Ah Ah! No! I was born in Nörbrotten, the beyond the wall part of Sweden. I've been a Benfica supporter since I was little because my mother is Portuguese and she is a Benfica fan. My main sport is ice hockey and I follow football of course. I came here looking for information regarding Benfica's games in the US and decided to open an account. As for Mälmo de kan och gar och knullar sig själva ;-)
Welcome.You can post wherever you want and whatever you want in english and for sure many people will respond.I hope you enjoy it

Jumala Llinen

Thank you! Really appreciate that!

Covenant

Do you support any team in Sweden? What you can tell us about swedish football.

Jumala Llinen

I follow it as closely as I can being based in the US. Mälmo's hegemony is hard to swallow but the positive side is that we are no longer the ugly duck when it comes to Scandinavia. I mean, who cares about the Norwegian league, right? I'm also happy that Ibra is no longer in Europe, and that he didn't get called to the Swedish team as now we can play as a team and not like other national teams, that I shall not name, that play focused on a single player. This upcoming season I'd keep my eyes on AIK and on IK Sirius that have a good long term project betting on young names and on modern processes. The funny thing is that as a Swede you think that your football is poor but then you see how they play football here in the US and you feel like you actually have a shot at being World Champion.

Cloughie

Citação de: Jumala Llinen em 05 de Julho de 2018, 20:06
I follow it as closely as I can being based in the US. Mälmo's hegemony is hard to swallow but the positive side is that we are no longer the ugly duck when it comes to Scandinavia. I mean, who cares about the Norwegian league, right? I'm also happy that Ibra is no longer in Europe, and that he didn't get called to the Swedish team as now we can play as a team and not like other national teams, that I shall not name, that play focused on a single player. This upcoming season I'd keep my eyes on AIK and on IK Sirius that have a good long term project betting on young names and on modern processes. The funny thing is that as a Swede you think that your football is poor but then you see how they play football here in the US and you feel like you actually have a shot at being World Champion.

Hello and welcome. :)

If you dislike Malmo, you should love this moment. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_puTabcb8Ik

Jumala Llinen

Citação de: Cloughie em 06 de Julho de 2018, 02:06

Hello and welcome. :)

If you dislike Malmo, you should love this moment. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_puTabcb8Ik

That's a classic!

pedro_9

I'm also happy that Ibra is no longer in Europe, and that he didn't get called to the Swedish team as now we can play as a team and not like other national teams, that I shall not name, that play focused on a single player.

You can say Portugal! There a lot of us who also think that way. Although Ronaldo is one of the best in the world, as a team, Portugal might benefit when he retires.

2doMats

Always cool to see people from abroad interested in Benfica. Hello from Amsterdam my dude. Make yourself at home. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the complaints about the language. This is a huge forum with many thousands of people which means that everyone, including assholes, is very well represented.

You are making it hard to root for the brits tomorrow

Jumala Llinen

Citação de: MattsMagnusson em 06 de Julho de 2018, 10:08
Always cool to see people from abroad interested in Benfica. Hello from Amsterdam my dude. Make yourself at home. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the complaints about the language. This is a huge forum with many thousands of people which means that everyone, including assholes, is very well represented.

You are making it hard to root for the brits tomorrow

I hope no one is rooting for those guys tomorrow! Or you will feel the wrath of a thousand Swedish gods be set upon you. Ok, we don't have that many gods but we do have a shit-ton of demi-gods and godlike deities. So be afraid, be very afraid! :D

Jumala Llinen

Citação de: Gottschalk em 08 de Julho de 2018, 22:17
Jumala,

Citação de: Gottschalk em 08 de Julho de 2018, 22:13
Citação de: Jumala Llinen em 08 de Julho de 2018, 22:06
(...)

Btw, why does your nickname mean "divine" or "godly" in Finnish?

Actually in Finnish it means "Divine Deity" not "godly" or "divine". So you're asking me why I have the name I have? I probably have to give you my grandfather's e-mail so you ask him yourself because, and following a family tradition dating back some centuries, grandparents are the ones deciding their grandchildren's names. In Swedish the name is just a sequence of phonetic  sounds and a great jab at the Finnish, by the way. If you're interested in getting my grandad's e-mail feel free to send me a PM.

Faliro

Citação de: Jumala Llinen em 09 de Julho de 2018, 00:02
Citação de: Gottschalk em 08 de Julho de 2018, 22:17
Jumala,

Citação de: Gottschalk em 08 de Julho de 2018, 22:13
Citação de: Jumala Llinen em 08 de Julho de 2018, 22:06
(...)

Btw, why does your nickname mean "divine" or "godly" in Finnish?

Actually in Finnish it means "Divine Deity" not "godly" or "divine". So you're asking me why I have the name I have? I probably have to give you my grandfather's e-mail so you ask him yourself because, and following a family tradition dating back some centuries, grandparents are the ones deciding their grandchildren's names. In Swedish the name is just a sequence of phonetic  sounds and a great jab at the Finnish, by the way. If you're interested in getting my grandad's e-mail feel free to send me a PM.

Interesting, one would assume Deities are divine anyway by their very nature of being a deity in the first place.

Faliro

How was Vlaxo today as keeper?