Hellas futebol

Faliro

kneissl

A little underrated here 'cause moreirense is a small team

Faliro

AEK are already planing for next season.

This team usually has exceptional scouts.

Faliro

sbremoved_28408

Mavrias back to PAO on loan from Sunderland

Faliro

Highly rubbish player. So therefore respected by those who are offended by the natural talent of Fetfatzidis, Ninis, Gianniotas etc

Faliro

EPO has a new president. He was the only one standing for president..so won the ''election''  :crazy2:

He ticks all the boxes for a EPO President:

1. Naturally stupid

2. Proud (despite having nothing to be proud of) and arrogant.

3. No achievements except not getting caught for corruption... luckily..

4. Looks like a fucking zombie

His first big idea?
To reduce the number of teams in the Greek super league from 18 to below 14.. :crazy2:

PsychoFan

Why is that a bad idea?

HJDK

Citação de: PsychoFan em 02 de Fevereiro de 2015, 21:33
Why is that a bad idea?
Bellow 14 seems exaggerated, imo. 16 would be just fine, like it used to be in Tugão.

PsychoFan

Tugão should be 12 teams imo. And if in Tugão is like this, in Gregão (eheh) even more I think, but Faliro knows better the level of the league.. we'll see what he says.

But in Tugão is obvious, bellow Maritimo, it's all shit. With 12 teams the league would be more competitive.

Faliro

Well, the Greek league can produce many shocks (due to very good team construction on limited budgets) and if the refereeing was better, PAOK and PAO would lose even more than they do today.

Seems next year the Greek league will be reduced to 16 teams and then if this new zombie gets his way.. 14 teams or less!

Personally I prefer 18 teams because it means more games for fans and myself (!!), more fan interaction and interest from around Greece, more preparation for the CL and Europa league quals in the summer (Greek teams are usually knocked out in summer quals because the league has not started yet and everyone is still on holiday..) and more opportunity for younger players.

Below 14 teams is simply not enough games imo for a team to find consistency in Europe, the league and the cup (Greece only has one cup unlike Portugal and the Premiership). Sure, there is more money for fewer teams.. but my team doesn't need the extra 2 million it will gain from removing 4 teams from the league. Also more money will be lost because there will be fewer games therefore less tickets sold.

PsychoFan

"Below 14 teams is simply not enough games imo for a team to find consistency in Europe."

How's that? It would be the same. The difference is that the league would finish earlier. Or u could make play-offs, what would prolong the league more.

About the more games. Games against shitty teams? I prefer not.

Faliro

But that is the point. Greece's shitty teams can and do beat beat PAO, AEK and PAOK - so why reduce the league? PAO and PAOK fear playing these smaller teams and rightly so.

Also, the Greek League usually begins after most the European Leagues have started - giving the non Greek teams an advantage in the CL and Europa quals and the Greek league usually ends before the others finish... simply less football.

I prefer more games, more money, more spectacle and the teams to play as many games as they can. More intrigue, more injuries, more youth players getting a chance...If there are poor teams in Greece that everyone beats 6-0 then fine... we have too many, but that is not the case.. Even the smallest Greek team can beat PAO or PAOK at home.

Finally remember, Greece only has one Cup.. meaning Greece would have even less games..

Below 14 teams is around 22 league games a season.. plus or minus a few cup games... that is nothing.... Greeks love it when their village.. Kalloni for example, beat PAOK and PAO in the same season which happened this year...why should that romance be removed?

There is very little difference in budget of 70% of the teams in the league. So most teams are hard to beat.

Football is a religion... people should have the chance to pray to it every week.. not just twice a month...

PsychoFan

Citação de: Faliro em 03 de Fevereiro de 2015, 00:38
But that is the point. Greece's shitty teams can and do beat beat PAO, AEK and PAOK - so why reduce the league? PAO and PAOK fear playing these smaller teams and rightly so.

Also, the Greek League usually begins after most the European Leagues have started - giving the non Greek teams an advantage in the CL and Europa quals and the Greek league usually ends before the others finish... simply less football.

I prefer more games, more money, more spectacle and the teams to play as many games as they can. More intrigue, more injuries, more youth players getting a chance...If there are poor teams in Greece that everyone beats 6-0 then fine... we have too many, but that is not the case.. Even the smallest Greek team can beat PAO or PAOK at home.

Finally remember, Greece only has one Cup.. meaning Greece would have even less games..

Below 14 teams is around 22 league games a season.. plus or minus a few cup games... that is nothing.... Greeks love it when their village.. Kalloni for example, beat PAOK and PAO in the same season whuch happened this year...why should that romance be removed?

Football is a religion... people should have the chance to pray to it every week.. not just twice a month...

I see.. then in Gregão it wouldn't work.