Olympiacos Piraeus

Calcio

Man...

But I guess it was a matter of time, at least from an outsiders POV.

Was never the highest on Martins and your recruitment has always been questionable to me.
We'll see, but I really think you guys need a change from top to bottom.

Covenant

Bad result, but Ludogorets have quality and a good project.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 10 de Agosto de 2021, 23:37

That fucking Sotirou. We tried to sign him out of Cyrpus but he snubbed us for Viking country. He has fucked us more than once.

As for the game, watched it in some Brazilian cafe. Was a disaster. Martins fucked up here clearly. Again with his pointless experiment this preseason of 3 at the back - a system the players just don't understand. We created virtually nothing. We still have not decent full backs. And then the hammer blow - starting Vroussai on the wing. Even when Cisse came on - he was more dangerous going forward in 5 minutes than Vroussai was all game.. What is worse? We need to win - we conceding second half - what does Martins do? takes off Bouxalakis and puts on Sokratis.. I would have put Kunde on to shore up the midfield. Ba was always going to get a red - not self control. Sourlis deserved a start in the midfield. We miss Fortounis.

The players were not responding.. we have looked weak all pre-season. They wanted it more and deserved to win. Once again - this late start to the season damages Greek teams. Long season ahead.

Pluses. Hopefully Vroussai is junked now. Useless player. Same with Randel. Going forward - we give that wing to Onyekuru. Anguibou Camara looks superb (should have played tonight). Tzolakis could be the next big Greek keeper.

One last side note. Gonzalez received a second a yellow card on 111' minutes. The referee forgot to show him the red card and he stayed on till the end of the game..  :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 11 de Agosto de 2021, 00:46

That fucking Sotirou. We tried to sign him out of Cyrpus but he snubbed us for Viking country. He has fucked us more than once.

As for the game, watched it in some Brazilian cafe. Was a disaster. Martins fucked up here clearly. Again with his pointless experiment this preseason of 3 at the back - a system the players just don't understand. We created virtually nothing. We still have not decent full backs. And then the hammer blow - starting Vroussai on the wing. Even when Cisse came on - he was more dangerous going forward in 5 minutes than Vroussai was all game.. What is worse? We need to win - we conceding second half - what does Martins do? takes off Bouxalakis and puts on Sokratis.. I would have put Kunde on to shore up the midfield. Ba was always going to get a red - not self control. Sourlis deserved a start in the midfield. We miss Fortounis.

The players were not responding.. we have looked weak all pre-season. They wanted it more and deserved to win. Once again - this late start to the season damages Greek teams. Long season ahead.

Pluses. Hopefully Vroussai is junked now. Useless player. Same with Randel. Going forward - we give that wing to Onyekuru. Anguibou Camara looks superb (should have played tonight). Tzolakis could be the next big Greek keeper.

One last side note. Gonzalez received a second a yellow card on 111' minutes. The referee forgot to show him the red card and he stayed on till the end of the game..  :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:
Cláudio Gonçalves, he is Portuguese. Also, the different sites are saying that was his only yellow...

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 11 de Agosto de 2021, 01:01
Citação de: Faliro em 11 de Agosto de 2021, 00:46

Cláudio Gonçalves, he is Portuguese. Also, the different sites are saying that was his only yellow...

Could be. Here is the Olympiacos perspective:

The terrible things from the UEFA referees in the Olympic games in Europe continue!

After the unacceptable Maden in Karaiskaki with Ludogorets and in the rematch, the Israeli Greenfeld made a mess!

In the 62nd minute of the match, Youssef El Arabi wins the penalty when he was kicked in the head by Gonzalves in the home area. Aside from the fact that the referee did not see anything and the assistant pointed it out to him, then he messed it up with the cards.

You say there okay, these things happen confused. He took back the second yellow card to Verdon so he was not sent off and finally gave the yellow card to the right player, Gonzalves.

So far so good, after the Israeli corrected his mistake ...

However, in the extra time and specifically in 111 ', Gonzalves fouled Kamaras in the center area and the referee immediately took the yellow card out of his pocket! The second, that is, abortion with a red card!

However, the referee never showed a red card and Gonzalves sat in the match normally until the end of the second overtime!

In other words, he deprived Olympiakos of the right to play for ten minutes with an equal number of players from both teams in the field. Within ten minutes with both teams of ten players, no one can know what could have happened, with Greenfeld doing the unbelievable, not expelling a player with two yellow cards!

Watch in video the moment when the referee gives the penalty, takes back Verdon's red card and clearly shows that the yellow card goes to the player with the number "8", that is Gonzalves. However, in a phase in which, as shown in the following video, he never scores the first yellow card before the execution of the penalty, due to the mess that has been made. So after he puts out the second one to Gonzalves, he never remembers the first one he had shown him ...

https://www.gavros.gr/article/podosfairo/324013-apisteyto-o-gkonsalbes-eixe-dyo-kitrines-kai-emeine-mexri-to-telos-video

Faliro

This season is going to be long.. Our star signing Onyekuru just dyed his hair green..in Istanbul of all places.. ::bater::

https://www.sportime.gr/olimpiakos/olimpiakos-o-oniekourou-evapse-ta-mallia-tou-prasina-vid/

Cloughie

It's because of the referees that Marinakis is screwing Forest too?

Faliro

Citação de: Cloughie em 12 de Agosto de 2021, 04:20
It's because of the referees that Marinakis is screwing Forest too?

No idea what is happening with Forest.

Red Eyes

Bad timing for Olympiacos on the rules change for away goals. :-X

Faliro

Citação de: Red Eyes em 12 de Agosto de 2021, 20:35
Bad timing for Olympiacos on the rules change for away goals. :-X

What is worse, we played that game as if those rules still existed..

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 10 de Agosto de 2021, 23:33
Man...

Was never the highest on Martins and your recruitment has always been questionable to me.

Curious dynamic now. I think we have too much deadwood: Oleg, Lala, Vroussai, Randel etc etc. Fortounis out has has a massive impact. Because of all the deadwood - we have big talent with no room to get minutes - Aguibou Camara, Algassime Bah, Sourlis etc

Concerning Martins, perhaps he evolved? He had players in high form - El Arabi, Fortounis, Tsimikas, Cisse, Ba, Valbuena, Camara etc. The Greek league has very few good coaches or even good teams. Olympiacos dominated and took that form into Europe.

Ronnie Lopes is the next signing it seems. He was in Benfica youth?

Semedo seems toast. He has not been putting in the effort lately. It is not completely his fault. CB planning has been a mess since we brought in Sokratis.

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Agosto de 2021, 13:58
Citação de: Calcio em 10 de Agosto de 2021, 23:33
Man...

CitaçãoOleg, Lala, Vroussai, Randel etc etc. Fortounis out has has a massive impact.

Lala & Oleg should be very good for the Gregão. But it seems both feel disjointed there.

CitaçãoRonnie Lopes is the next signing it seems. He was in Benfica youth?

Yes, one of the biggest talents at the time, but Man City poached him very early on. There were rumours that we wanted him this summer. (and he would've been welcomed...)

Citação
Semedo seems toast. He has not been putting in the effort lately. It is not completely his fault. CB planning has been a mess since we brought in Sokratis.

He's likely overstayed his welcome. Not coming to us might've killed his poise to perform, IDK.

Anyway, I really feel like Oly needs a new sporting direction, and a new manager.

I also cant seem to unnotice your fixation with players from french/speaking backgrounds, which is probably due to Karembeu, but besides Mvila and Camara I dont see anyone with top quality to make a difference in europe.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 15 de Agosto de 2021, 21:43

Lala & Oleg should be very good for the Gregão. But it seems both feel disjointed there.

The problem is neither of them attack. Neither try and beat players to put in a cross. Xolebas, Torisidis, Tsimikas, Retsos, Pantos (our Sergi..) - would bust a gut to get into the box and make something happen. Lala and Oleg just never get forward.

CitaçãoYes, one of the biggest talents at the time, but Man City poached him very early on. There were rumours that we wanted him this summer. (and he would've been welcomed...)

O0

Citação
He's likely overstayed his welcome. Not coming to us might've killed his poise to perform, IDK.

Makes sense. He has been elsewhere since the summer. No concertation.

CitaçãoAnyway, I really feel like Oly needs a new sporting direction, and a new manager.

I also cant seem to unnotice your fixation with players from french/speaking backgrounds, which is probably due to Karembeu, but besides Mvila and Camara I dont see anyone with top quality to make a difference in europe.

I think the French players are due to our Corsican Modesto and his Ajaccio connections. He brings them all. Karembeu is more of a technical advisor to Martins. You are right, we have got tonnes from there.. M'Vila, Camara, Valbeuna, Cisse (who is even a better FB than Lala/Oleg when he was tried there a few games ago), Lala, Ba, Romao, Aguibou Camara, Abdoulaye Keita, Fodé Camara etc etc.

Let's see how this season evolves. We have major issues at FB. If we get Lopes - we will have him and Onyekuru vying for RW which would be great. Masouras and Aguibou Camara/Cumic on the left. Mady just behind and behind him, Kunde and M'Vila/Bouxa.

BTW Calcio - I already rate Tzolakis above Vlacho talent wise. Some are saying he can be Greece's Donnarumma. He has been very impressive so far. Why I did not recommend you guys Vlacho when asked was that I didn't think his base was raw talent. He had the look, professionalism and build which Germany helped with - but not that spark. Tzolakis - if he just cleans up a few mistakes concerning distribution - he can be massive. He is keeping Vaclik on the bench.

Calcio

I've known Tzolakis due to Football Manager for a bit.

Being better than Vlachodimos, however, is not much of a compliment :rir:

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 16 de Agosto de 2021, 13:04
I've known Tzolakis due to Football Manager for a bit.

Being better than Vlachodimos, however, is not much of a compliment :rir:

Indeed. He was not one of my recommendations to you guys..  :estrelas: