PAOK

T1n0_SLB

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Junho de 2019, 20:28
Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 30 de Junho de 2019, 20:26
Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Junho de 2019, 19:47
And I am missing something with Abel?? The Greek media is acting like PAOK signed some superior manager??

The guy from what I can see and what Benfiquistas have said is garbage. What an earth made PAOK so desperate to sign him??

Not garbage at all.

What makes him special?

Have you Sean Braga playing?
Btw, there is a distance from special to garbage.

Faliro

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 30 de Junho de 2019, 20:33
Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Junho de 2019, 20:28
Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 30 de Junho de 2019, 20:26
Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Junho de 2019, 19:47
And I am missing something with Abel?? The Greek media is acting like PAOK signed some superior manager??

The guy from what I can see and what Benfiquistas have said is garbage. What an earth made PAOK so desperate to sign him??

Not garbage at all.

What makes him special?

Have you Sean Braga playing?
Btw, there is a distance from special to garbage.

How far is that distance in his case?

Bryan.

Well... he's way better than Martins. It's a big coup for PAOK, if you asked me if this was possible I would've said no.

Abel is a very offensive coach, with a very romantic build-up (like AS Roma's Paulo Fonseca, or Bielsa, but not as extreme) and who has become quite a strong figure in portuguese football in terms of charisma and personality. I think players like him as well.

Honestly Braga to PAOK (if they don't invest to dominate greek football and do well on Champions League as Olympiacos did) sounds like a side move from him.

Faliro

Citação de: Bryan. em 30 de Junho de 2019, 22:11
Well... he's way better than Martins. It's a big coup for PAOK, if you asked me if this was possible I would've said no.

Abel is a very offensive coach, with a very romantic build-up (like AS Roma's Paulo Fonseca, or Bielsa, but not as extreme) and who has become quite a strong figure in portuguese football in terms of charisma and personality. I think players like him as well.

Honestly Braga to PAOK (if they don't invest to dominate greek football and do well on Champions League as Olympiacos did) sounds like a side move from him.

Thanks. Perhaps he gambles - winning the league with PAOK is a ticket to a premiership job. Hellas is so often a stepping stone for Portuguese coaches.

Olympiacos and PAOK have very similar budgets now.

Both teams kept their core from last season and enhanced slightly. Olympiacos are yet to reveal the new striker for the following season - but both teams are fairly similar quality wise.

This season will truly be - the better manager - wins the league. It is very simple.
If Martins does not win the league this season, he is out.

SousaLB

Abel is an average coach, from my point of view.

Looks like a Rui Vitória with better tactical skills, but nothing special. He likes to talk about honour, will, professionalism, agressivity and that kind of things, nothing related to specific football and tactical subjects. "His" Braga is awful when it comes to defend.

Last season, Braga has lost 6-2 and 1-4 to Benfica, 3-0 to Porto (cup) and Sporting, for instance.

But that's my opinion. Some users here like him. I respect that.

O-Rível

Abel is a good coach. Has flaws, like many others, but if I had to specifically pick one it would be his stubbornness. He seems to favor players who follow the plan but who lack creativity to "think outside the box", which makes his game plan too predictable. His teams are well-organized, but very naive, thus not very hard to play against.

Still, he's miles ahead of Pedro Martins.

filipe92

Kalimera!

I like Abel. He's a decent coach. He will probably do well in Greece. Would I want him in BENFICA? No.

I dont think that, at the moment, he is capable of managing a big team, he can be quite "limited". He seems to fail under pressure (playing against more experienced teams).

As it was said before, he is a little bit better than rui vitoria. At least he has a personality. If I was a player in their teams, I would run for Abel , I wouldn't run for Rui Vitoria lol

I do think that he has plenty of "room" to improve as a manager and maybe getting away from the Portuguese league is a good thing for him atm.

Velazquez

Braga will bring a better coach than Abel

Silas is far better

O-Rível

Citação de: Velazquez em 01 de Julho de 2019, 12:53
Braga will bring a better coach than Abel

Silas is far better

I like him, but his teams are very inconsistent. Against us, they play amazingly well. He clearly prepared the matches masterfully. However, they underperformed in so many random matches that I can't say he's better than Abel.

Covenant

Citação de: SousaLB em 01 de Julho de 2019, 00:31
Abel is an average coach, from my point of view.

Looks like a Rui Vitória with better tactical skills, but nothing special. He likes to talk about honour, will, professionalism, agressivity and that kind of things, nothing related to specific football and tactical subjects. "His" Braga is awful when it comes to defend.

Last season, Braga has lost 6-2 and 1-4 to Benfica, 3-0 to Porto (cup) and Sporting, for instance.

But that's my opinion. Some users here like him. I respect that.
He talks a lot about tactical subjects lol.

Darkboy

I'd have Abel over Pedro Martins any day.

Decent signing from PAOK.

Faliro

Citação de: Darkboy em 01 de Julho de 2019, 23:11
I'd have Abel over Pedro Martins any day.

Decent signing from PAOK.

This season will be very very aggressive then.

Faliro

Abel brings his assistants:

Faliro

Now they want João Palhinha from Sporting.

O-Rível

Citação de: Faliro em 10 de Julho de 2019, 22:14
Now they want João Palhinha from Sporting.

He's the type of player Abel likes. Also, the player publicly displayed his admiration for Abel a couple of weeks ago.

He could thrive in the Greek league, but this type of signing shouldn't worry Oly fans too much. He's a defensive midfielder, a workhorse. Doesn't add much creativity to their midfield.