Portuguese culture

KamikazeSLB

I'm ashamed of it. National team to prepare for Euro and CR does this... what a circus  ::bater::

Faliro

Maybe this is how Ronaldo prepares?

KamikazeSLB

The thought that is in Portugal about Ronaldo is that he doesn't know about national team. But as he's the best and can make a difference (without him we were a banal team) all is forgiven.

Portugal since 2010 with Carlos Queiroz (not coach) has become a set of exhibitionists. Some times goes well, others not.

BenfiquistaRSA

Captain fantastic.. only captain of the seleccao to give Portugal fans the finger, and gets away with it...

Pqp...

Faliro

My father played sports, but never professionally because he refused to quit smoking. He was offered many times to represent his country at under 21 level, but refused.

From the moment Ronaldo signed for Man U, he told me he would be one of the greatest ever players. I asked why. He said because his body is exceptionally good. Natural athlete.

I was a bit mythed because in those days, Cristiano looked like this..

KamikazeSLB

He is a physical phenomenon. But at the end of the season is always injured and exhausted because Real Madrid uses him out of bounds.

Very attention to our young talent, Renato Sanches, he has symilar physical characteristics to Ronaldo, but he's only 18 years old (in November just 17). Germany will be a good step for him because it will have a lot of discipline and rigor.

Irimiás

A few nice words about Greece, from one of the most relevant figures in Portuguese history:

Citação"Our civilization is formed out of the superimposition of three elements:

1 - The Greco-Roman element.
2 - The Christian element.
3 - The Modern element.

What's exceptional in us is Greco-Roman - the Modern is neither good, nor bad - the Christian is the secular disease that we carry within.

The entire Renaissance between us, starts with a return to the Greco-Roman formula. It's through it, that we have created the good that lives in the modern.

(...)

-Our concept of beauty is Greek; where it is not Greek, it is fake, broken, either by christian concepts, or by modern ideas.
-Our mission, lucidly conceived, is to retrieve the lost Greco-Roman tradition. We have within ourselves, surviving Greco-Roman elements for that. To modernize the Hellenism - here's our goal.

(...)

The whole period of decadence among us is christian. Above that, hovers the pure and noble Greek ideal."

BenfiquistaRSA

Benfica

Fado

Vinho do porto

In that order

Aka

Citação de: Faliro em 05 de Junho de 2016, 13:12Nanchara nanchara

I have something for you to watch this night that you truly adore.

Faliro

Aka

Aka

Aka

Faliro

https://www.facebook.com/LADbible/videos/4406437066070116/

If someone did this in Portugal, would they have reacted the same as the English?

CMatos7

Citação de: Aka em 17 de Julho de 2016, 16:33
Citação de: Aka em 16 de Julho de 2016, 22:46
Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Julho de 2016, 20:27Any good links?

You should've quoted me. xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmz2Ak-pJj0

That Azorean accent though...

What about it? Also, there's no such thing as an "Azorean accent". The Azores are 9 islands, each island has its own accent, and that same accent varies from village to village on the same island. This guy's accent is Micaelense, from S. Miguel.

Sorry for digging this up, but I just found this post.