Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Fevereiro de 2024, 16:57Kovacevic on whether Olympiacos will get a new coach:

"We have a coach."

Carvahal is safe it seems.

I guess Kovacevc was talking about Jansen..

DoubleJ

Janssen seems like a top top coach. Will be interesting.

Faliro

Citação de: DoubleJ em 07 de Fevereiro de 2024, 21:32Janssen seems like a top top coach. Will be interesting.

Marinakis said no to Jansen because apparently Jansen wanted to start in the summer!

José Luis Mendilibar and Igor Tudor are being mentioned..

Faliro

Mendilibar agreed and on his way to Athens to sign.

I wanted a name but what can we do..

DoubleJ

Faliro

Citação de: DoubleJ em 08 de Fevereiro de 2024, 18:26Terrible appointment.

Apparently, Valverde has twice advised Olympiacos to take this guy..

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 08 de Fevereiro de 2024, 20:02

He's a very good coach. If you give him time, he can do well at Olympiakos.

Faliro

So our under 19 coach Sotiris Sylaidopoulos took over for Oly vs OFI. This coach is highly rated. We won 4-0 and he started the strongest players.

Carmo at CB played well and hit the bar as did new media favourite "Tsikinho" who provided an assist.

Let's see what happens with the Constantinople derby PAOK vs AEK today.

Faliro

Citação de: Godescalco em 11 de Fevereiro de 2024, 11:33

Let's see. I think Carvahal, for whatever reason was a very bad coach. The players seem refreshed now he has gone. Apparently the locker room was bad.

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 11 de Fevereiro de 2024, 12:21

Let's see. I think Carvahal, for whatever reason was a very bad coach. The players seem refreshed now he has gone. Apparently the locker room was bad.

I don't think Carvalhal is a bad coach per se. He's got a decent career, mostly managing medium clubs. The thing is, he's not an excellent coach. He's not someone who can change your culture and your locker room. He was not a good fit for Olympiakos to begin with.

If you look back, whenever he coached bigger clubs like Sporting Lisbon or Beşiktaş, it didn't really work out. His best stints were at Leixões, Setúbal, Marítimo, Sheffield Wednesday and Braga (his second spell). In the end, when it comes down to it, he's just your regular, average, football coach that you can find in the dozens in any country.

Faliro

Citação de: Godescalco em 11 de Fevereiro de 2024, 12:41

I don't think Carvalhal is a bad coach per se. He's got a decent career, mostly managing medium clubs. The thing is, he's not an excellent coach. He's not someone who can change your culture and your locker room. He was not a good fit for Olympiakos to begin with.

If you look back, whenever he coached bigger clubs like Sporting Lisbon or Beşiktaş, it didn't really work out. His best stints were at Leixões, Setúbal, Marítimo, Sheffield Wednesday and Braga (his second spell). In the end, when it comes down to it, he's just your regular, average, football coach that you can find in the dozens in any country.

Well described. The pressure is simply intense at Olympiakos. One defeat and your job is on the line. Also there is politics in the lockroom like most clubs. I think Porozo getting injured or not wishing to play was damaging to Carvahal too. Also PAOK are playing excellent at the moment.

Michel today said Oly did well to sign Mandilibar.

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 11 de Fevereiro de 2024, 13:16

Well described. The pressure is simply intense at Olympiakos. One defeat and your job is on the line. Also there is politics in the lockroom like most clubs. I think Porozo getting injured or not wishing to play was damaging to Carvahal too. Also PAOK are playing excellent at the moment.

Who is the favorite to win the title?

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 11 de Fevereiro de 2024, 13:42

PAOK are so strong this year I can imagine them winning the triple, League, Cup and Conference League..

AEK second strongest and we and PAO are about the same quality. A good coach can have us competing for the title this year. PAOK vs AEK today, one or both of them will lose points.

Jotenko

@Faliro is now a dinosaur living in this section.

Nobody visits the english section yet he is still always here, like an ancient with a huge beard living in the woods that shooshes you away if you visit him.

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 11 de Fevereiro de 2024, 13:55
Citação de: Covenant em 11 de Fevereiro de 2024, 13:42

PAOK are so strong this year I can imagine them winning the triple, League, Cup and Conference League..

AEK second strongest and we and PAO are about the same quality. A good coach can have us competing for the title this year. PAOK vs AEK today, one or both of them will lose points.

Paok saved a point at the end of the game.